LEAP Stands for Leading Edge Aviation Propulsions is a high-bypass turbofan produced by CFM International, a 50-50 joint venture between American GE Aviation and French Safran Aircraft Engines
- BEST ENGINE PERFORMANCE 15% improvement in fuel consumption versus today’s engines.
- MORE UPTIME .LESS DOWNTIME A higher utilization of 96%mean more flight and more flexibility to fly when and how you want.
- SUPPORTS 25-MIN TURN TIMES Supporting 25-minute gate turnaround times which means less time at the gate and more flying.
- LONGER TIME IN THE AIR Flying an average of hours a day and up to 11 flight cycles, every day.
- OPENS UP NEW ROUTES Supporting longer flight legs,enabling flight options of eight hours or more.
LEAP-1A: chosen to power the Airbus A320neo
LEAP-1B: exclusive powerplant for the Boeing 737 MAX the exclusive powerplant for the new 737 MAX single-aisle jetliner